I hear what your saying, but its possible the guy tried to sell the thing and met up with a bunch of people that wanted to make payments or maybe even never had anyone show any interest.

Sometimes dealing with people is a pita. One time several years ago I had a 66 Coronet wagon I was trying to sell. It was licensed and insured and drivable. The car had a poly 318, with the trailer towing package, so it had the 26" 3 core rad, a 3:23 sure grip 8 3/4, a small block 727 with about 50K on a rebuild, and was converted to disc brakes. I figured at that time it was worth %300-$400 in parts alone, but was only asking $200 for it. Some jerk called me several times insisting I was going to sell it to him for $75. It was worth more then that as scrap, and I told him that. After about 2 weeks of him constantly calling me, and me telling him the same story, he told me I should junk it then! So I pulled off some parts I had room to store and scrapped the car out. I got a little under $200 for it across the scale. The next day when the guy called still trying to get me to sell it for $75, I told him I scrapped it out like he told me to do and I got $200 for it. Then he wanted to know if I kept any parts, and where it went. I told him I scrapped it all, and watched them crush it. Its too bad, there was a lot of good parts that was still on that car, but I didn't want to deal with that jerk.

There is a limit to what people will tolerate, and too many people push too hard. There are a lot of guys out there that think that because I'm junking something out, I should just give it to them so they can make money from it. Gene