Quote:

So, I just got the pictures of the bellhousing and I think its an automatic. Were the old powerflite transmissions a 2 part transmission?

I was expecting to see a hole in the side for a fork. But, it appears to be solid - which makes me think it is for an automatic. I don't know as much about the transmission setups on the early hemis.

i my self have never seen a stick shift 354 factory car,,and im not sure what years the clutch flight auto was available,,

all the early and maybe modern,,,have a longer crank shaft the na non hemi,,so thats the reason for the spacer/adapter between the block and trans when using an auto matic,,i would asume you will have to use a spacer with your 340 bell housing,,and yes its the same bolt pattern,,your 340 bell to the 354

a friend of mine was doing a hemi in a street rod,, but changed ideas,,,he has a factory trans spacer,,it was on a desoto hemi and should be the same,,

you should log on to hothemiheads.com and talk over there they will have the correct answers,,

some one here may as well,,putting the hemi in what ???

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic