Quote:

(a bit overrestored)

Steve, that's a little bit of an understatement. I was at the Nat's when Calvin first showed the car and it was sitting in the display field (getting dusted baddly) when I first saw it. Calvin hadn't entered it in the judging but was talked into it by the editor of Mopar Action, who walked by and yelled "Calvin you need to get that car in the (judging) tent it's too nice to be sitting out here". Later that day it ended up there and the judges were crawling all over and under it and a good friend of Calvin's came over and said "there's too much paint on the radiator support to read the number and they're saying the coil bracket is mounted in the wrong place". I had a copy of the Lynch Road Assembly instructions with the coil bracket location with me and showed it to Calvin and he got real concerned . and asked "where did you get this?" Then his friend said the judge wanted him to find the trunk drip rail number instead and told him it was on the right side and I told him "no it's on the left" and showed him where and again there was so much paint that it was going to be a crap shoot hitting the right spot but I said "hey, no problem it's under the weather strip and it will be hidden". He pulls out a pocket knife and starts to scrape away at the paint where I guessed it might be when the judge came over and yells "It's on the right side not the left". He looks over at Calvin, who's reading the Lynch Road Assembly instructions, for what to do and Calvin nods and tells him to keep scraping on the left side and bingo there it was The judge was but glad at the same time. Calvin then introduced me to Vic Mills who was there who later introduced me to Joel Cox who later came to my house and checked out my Y4 A12 and talked me into finding some original sheet metal to start the resto............and that's how I ended up with a '68 Road Runner, but that's another story.

I saw Calvin at the Quaker Steak & Lube cruise about two or three years ago and he had a '70 RR and Joel Cox around the same time at another local cruise and he still had a '69 Daytona. Calvin I heard sold a bunch of his cars. His A12 Bee was one of the better restorations I had seen up to that point but it was also the first time I understood what "over restored" meant too. There should be a couple of members on here that live close to Calvin that should know what he's up to lately, anyone?