Quote:

Quote:

A stat does not regulate operating temperatures.. it only regulates when the water starts to circulate..

Sorry but you might want to rethink what you typed there. A thermostat DOES regulate the coolant temp BY letting the water circulate at a set temperature.

I agree with the 160 degree stats aswell. I rather see 160 on the gauge then 190-200. Whenever the tempgauge goes north of 190 on hot days, I'm getting slightly worried if it might go any higher.

I used to think the margin for error was worth it but I now like the 190 stat. If your system is set up correctly, it will not go over 200.

It was 100 here today and very high humidity and my car ever went over 200, at idle, around town low speed, or on the interstate hogging the hammer lane.

i don't even have a shroud of any kind either.

The oil now stays much cleaner, I'm certain that the engine sees less wear.

The cool underhood temps actually caused a lean condition for my carb. It is an AVS so the 3 step rods are hard to come by, 20 bucks a set and it is really just a shot in the dark on getting things right w/o a wide band. So the hotter stat brought things in line.