I bought a six pack 340 car to restore and the motor was aready rebuilt. So i put the motor in and proceeded to get it running. It ran like crap and after about 20 min i started knocking and i had to shut it down. I then pulled it and took it to a local engine shop, after they looked it over they said it needs a total rebuild 30 over new pistons and so on $4,000 worth. I get the motor back and get ready for the 1/2 hour break in period. durring the 1/2 hour oil started to come out of the radiator over tube. I then pulled the drain plug to take out the break in oil to replace it with regular oil and i got only water. I then pulled the motor again and took it back. They found that there was a hole in one of the oil galleys and they patched it and rebuilt the motor again. First what do you thin happened? remember durring the first run i didn't have oil in the water.
Next the engine goes back in and before i did the break in again i filled the radiator up with water and the water comes out of a new crack in the head. What do you think about this? Remember there was no crack on the first and second run

Is this all just bad luck or ???????

Thank you