Quote:

Quote:

***UPDATE***

Got a chance to run my car with the Victor intake (see 2nd & 4th post on this thread)…looks like I paid good money to slow the car down. The car was running 7.08 in the heat with tire spinning 60’ time in the 1.55’s. I now have new tires and the Victor intake on and the car ran 7.16 in the heat with a dead hook 60’ of 1.59. The car won’t pull the front end off the ground anymore…definitely lost a lot of torque…the converter was flashing to ~5100 now its ~ 4800. I tried many different shift points over the course of 2 days and it ran the fastest when I wound it up to 6500 on every shift. With the Air-gap it ran faster shifting @ ~6000. I will be switching back to the Air-gap when time permits and keeping the Victor for future upgrades.

So, at least for my combo, the Victor was not the better intake.

great info, Thanks for taking your time to post.

The intake was all that you changed? I would assume that some carb tuning and / or timing adjustments would be in store after the swap.

Ryan "Bigs" '73 Duster (BLKDUST) - Black, 100% factory sheet metal, flat hood, 346 cid, J Heads, and a bench seat. http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/bigsbigelow/ Best to date: 12.40 @ 109 mph