I have a hydraulic cam along with adjustable steel roller rockers (tip only). The rockers are not bushed. I am also using a brand new rocker arm shaft with bananna groves in them.

I've just installed the inner springs in my 360 engine, I ran only the single outer spring during the engine break-in per the instructions. The valve tip wear pattern is very good, centered dead on, which I'm happy to see because I spent some time making sure the rocker arm tips were aligned with the valve stem.

However...having had the engine running for only a total of 1 hr or so the shafts and the rocker arms show signs of galling/wear. I have great oil pressure (too much I think actually, about 20 PSI at idle and 55 PSI at about 3K RPM). Before starting the engine up I primed the oiling system, slowly turned the engine over and watched the oil flow out of the rocker arm shafts and onto the valve train to check and make sure that I had good oil flow up top.

Having pulled the shafts off for the valve spring upgrade I figured I'd check them out to see if everything was OK. Surprisingly I found the wear pattern on the rockers and the shafts. The rockers also appear to be somewhat bluish which indicates to me overheating most likely due to poor oil supply. I can't for the life of me figure out why though, the valvetrain appeared to be getting lots of oil and pressure appears to be fine. I'm now wondering if the volume of oil getting to the rockers shafts is just not big enough to keep the rocker arms lubricated.

Pushrods do not show any signs of wear, neither do the valve tips or the rocker arm rollers. So this has me a little stumped.

The cam is a Hughes 3844 piece, 238/244 dur @ 0.050", .535/.540 lift, springs are #1111 pieces, 150 lbs with valve closed and 320 lbs @ 0.550" lift.