Quote:

Quote:

Go to autozone and ask to see one of them and note the part numbers on the part and the actual part # of the item. Do some research on the web (google) on the numbers so you can find out who actually made the part as they are just rebranded by autozone. Could be a moog part in a duralast box.

For 87.00 a set they aren't going to be Moog. They are Chinese junk that you will be replacing in about 2 months.

MB

You'd be very surprised. When you buy Moog, or any other brand name part, you are also paying a premium price for a box that has their name on it.

I work for an auto parts mfg and its common practice for companies to have a generic brand for 1/2 price which are literally the same part as the name brand that comes off the same assembly line, just a different box.

I also deal with autozone on a frequent basis and actually have a list around here somewhere they gave me that has all the mfgs for their duralast brand.

I can't remember off hand who makes their tie rods so I can't attest to their quality but its probably a company like Moog or TRW. All I'm saying is that its worth the time to do a little research on them and find out what your buying. Could save ya a ton of $$$

Last edited by chache876; 05/22/10 10:54 PM.