Quote:

Quote:

Is it possible to build a numbers matching car, if all you had was the paperwork and fender tag from it? I was wondering this the other day, and I just found a complete documentation package listed in the A-body parts section for a 71 Duster Twister. All the proper stuff is there (It's the 13th one from the bottom of the page!) So for instance, Could I use all his stuff, and make my regular 71 Duster a Duster Twister??? Now I know the engine, tranny, and #'s stamped on the various parts of the body would'nt match, and you could'nt take it to Barrett Jackson or anything, but it would be pretty official looking at a show right?

the duster twister is nothing more than an OPTION package , 95% of people wouldn't even know what the option code for it was when looking at the fendertag .

but why do you need to FAKE documentation for your car ? make it what you want , it's not like its a hemi car , not many people going to oh and ah over a 318 duster with stripes and hood scoops so whats the point ?

I don't NEED to fake anything. I AM gonna build the car the way I want it anyhow. I was just wondering, IF, hypothetically, it could be done. As a matter of fact, the fender tag on my car is rusted away to nothing, so I pulled one off of a Challenger in the junkyard to put on it just to fill the space on the fender .......Who cares, right?