Quote:

excellent thats what i have on my 440's action + top end... a edelbrock thunder AVS800. works great, i put the spring loaded high flow needle and seats in ,and checked the float level. the rods and jets are a snap to tune in. easier than a holley, but im more familiar with holley's. the carb is the best AVS unit i ve worked with.

make sure you know how to set the high idle on the choke and it will start right up.

the mechanical secondary kick in nicely on a 440.

my other 440 top end is a 750 SD demon on a RPM intake. that runs rich low, but fine top end.

i tried the dominator single and it was terrible on the street. ..nuff said.

Are you saying your AVS (Thunder) doesn't work well with the Street dominator manifold? I always found it to be one of the best combo's out there. I have a manual tranny though so it is easy to launch.

Well the fact that there are some assumptions necessary is the reason to use the equation for volumetric efficiency as a guideline, but the equation itself isn't what I would call bogus. in a controlled environment, it carries some legitimacy. It just isn't that easy to control your street car.

Persistance is omnipotent Durability Engineer, Chair and Couch division...