Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Mike for the perspective. My buddy Nate ran the set up and he has bee doing it for year so I think it was a good set up, my only question is weight, what if the car weighs a little bit more then the 3860 lbs listed?

Mike

The dyno doesn't care how much the car weighs , weight only comes into play for dragstrip calculations.

Considering the heads were run out of the box I guess that's not a bad HP number .

the one time i went on a chassis dyno the operator had to enter the vehicle weight maybe some are different

Actually the weight does matter. On our Mustang dyno the more weight you add the more the dyno loads (or applies braking force) the car during a pull. Now if the question is how much will it affect your horsepower I'm not sure, it may not affect it at all or it may put the car in a load range it may never see. It doesn't look like the weight difference was substantial so I wouldn't loose sleep over it. We have doubled a cars weight to experiment with quicker boost rise and the total horsepower with correction factor did not vary that much.

I did a dyno shootout in CT on a superflow, i think , and there was a guy with a dually that took off his outer rims to see if he could get a higher number because he was upset thata the big name shop that his truck was the test mule for was bested by some low life ... me ...

Maybe the dyno operator didn't know what he was doing ?