I just got the two stage ranger trans jack, RTJ-1, but have not used it yet. it was $570 (includes shipping) and has the 4-way tilt saddle. goes 37" to 79.5" and shipping weight is 214 lbs. It looks like in may have been "harbor freight" as the manual references that accessories can be bought at harbor freight?

I was just looking at the Northern Tool catalog, and it looks like they sell a very simular trans jack under their house name "Torin TR4055" 1/2 ton trans jack, and it is $300 without shipping. It looks like it only tilts up/down, but not side to side. Lift range listed as 34-5/16" to 70-15/16" and weighs 175 lbs, so I guess the ram is slightly smaller? I'm not sure which is the better deal, the Northern tool one would cost an additional $120-$200 for shipping, but that is still about $100 less expensive. I got the Ranger from ASEdeals.com because I wanted the extra lift height, and I didn't want to get a cheaper one and be disapointed with it and end up buying one like this in the future anyhow. Don't forget to get hydraulic oil at the same time.