Hey all thanks for all the replies. I went to my welding supply today and got myself some nickel welding rods. They are weld mold 750high carbon nickel rods for repairing all cast iron applications.Also excellent for building up shy areas and filling holes or cracks in castings. just what I need. My heads are not cracked they have a burn grove between the center chambers on the gasket surface. That will be easy to fix. The chamber fill is just a thought but not a for sure. I have some old junk iron heads to practice on and if I can't do it myself I won't be paying some one to do it.AS I said there are much better heads out there but this is a for fun project called warmed over left overs as in all left over speed parts in the garage to go into a 67 plymouth and see how fast it will go. The recipe is a 030 over 440 with 11 to 1 TRWs stage IV heads a 528 mopar solid cam and a six pac. stay tuned....

Last edited by yella71; 05/13/10 07:39 PM.

71 challenger convertable, 64 sport fury 383 ci with factory air 99 sebring convertable 89 CTD pup