JeffC, I ignored your first offensive post, but now you've attacked me twice. You used vulgar language the second time, and falsely accused me of trying to be insulting. Trust me, if it were intentional, there would be no doubt that I had insulted you. It's really not very courteous of you to try to convert a discussion about reverse rotation 318 rear main seals into a personal attack on me. Please show me the courtesy of refraining from continuing that endeavor.

Moreover, if you read what I wrote very closely with an open mind, and impose a different set of vocal inflections on it other than "condescending", then you might realize I was just being "familiar" or "cordial". You might also discover there's a subtle compliment waiting for anybody to claim who steps forward with sufficient expertise or knowledge to supply a helpful answer.

If you're going to participate in a forum like this, it's helpful to recognize that it's an imperfect mode of communication. You can't see facial expressions or hear vocal inflections, which provide subtle, but important, clues to meaning. Everybody here is taking shortcuts when they jot down quick replies. So of course if you want to find offensive posts, you don't have to look very long.

But attacking each other's integrity or impugning each other's motives ultimately just drives people away who might otherwise be valuable contributors to the list. After all, we're here to talk about Mopars, aren't we? Not posting etiquette, right?

So let's get back to rear main seals and Forward Look Windsor hearses. They're much more fun to discuss.