Hey guys I finally got my car out yesterday for the 1st time this year. I had to rebuild the engine and I upgraded the brakes over the winter so I was pretty anxious before hitting the track. Luckily everything went very well and the car ran great. The 60 ft's were off almost a tenth from the fall but the track was green and the wife could see the car black tracking all the way down. The car still picked up about 2 MPH over last year and there was a pretty nasty crosswind so thats encouraging. I was hoping to pick up a bit more ET but I think it will come as the track conditions improve.

Anyway a couple things I did have trouble with. The car idle's fine but if I rev it up to clear it out the idle doesn't come back down. It kinda takes off on its own to 2500 or so. Its fine in gear the idle stays pretty steady. Also the car was very hard to start a couple of times. I'm kinda thinking a needle seat could be sticking but they were just replaced in the fall. Plus I never changed plugs and I probably fouled them out trying to start the car over the winter funny story (I left the car outside while we drywalled the garage but it ended up snowing 6" while we were working and we couldn't push it back inside so I tryed to start it. Note it won't start on E85 when it 20 degrees out. We ended up having to use the CRV to push the car through the snow back inside - that was crazy)

Anyway could the air bleeds be a factor? I haven't changed the air bleeds from the factory gas settings after using the Quick Fuel kit to switch to E85 last year. Whatcha guys think?

I only have a couple more days to tune until the Classic. I can't believe its next week.

33 Plymouth Roadster - 383 - 5.90 1/8th 9.58 1/4
68 Dart - 340
66 Belvedere - 400

Windy Hollow Garage - https://www.youtube.com/@windyhollowgarage