i have 68'dodge coronet with 440, headers and a stock starter, i have been restoring the car for over 2.5years, i had replaced the started 2years ago with a rebuilt auto zone oem unit, i have not had the car on the road driving yet, i have only crank the car in my garage and drove around the block couple of times probaly once a month, i have noticed now, once the car has run for several mins, when i turn off the car and try to crank the car, all i get is a click, click, then the 4 or 5th time, the car cranks, however today, i ran the car to normal temp, shut it off only got a click, click, click, it wld not start, i got under the hood and put a screw driver to arc on the starter with the key on, the car cranked, my question is, does this mean my starter is going bad? i am thinking the heat from the headers have fried the new starter? do i go back with a new stock starter and try to wrap with some type of heat wrap or go with the mini starter? i have a life time warranty on this starter and can get a new one with no charge