Quote:

Quote:

Its not very economical anymore to rebuild heads. I see a set of Edelbrocks or RHS heads from IMM in your future.

Yep...what he said.

Quality Machine work here on the West Coast has become very expensive in the last decade. I would really consider an aftermarket head before spending more than a few hun on OEM heads. A set of RHS heads, complete with decent springs can be had for around a grand and will most likely WAY outflow those J heads.

The other thing to be looked at is that "impressive" porting job. FLOW BENCH!! Otherwise, you'll never KNOW what's going on there. Case in point: Just tore down a 340 bracket moder for a friend that had ported X heads. Whoever did them was as "artist". A really nice LOOKING job. Threw them on the bench and while the intakes flowed a little better than stockers, the exhaust was ALOT worse than stockers.

Looking forward to your progess on this project! Should be fun!!!

My point exactly...if these heads flow upwards of 260-270 @ 600" is it worth the $$$ to have them refreshed....???? or will the difference in weight vs new aftermarket aluminum out-weigh the expense...???

Rickster