Biggest concern I see would be the length of the V10, front to back. Things tend to get a bit crowded between the rad and the firewall with a V8, I suspect the extra length would have to be accomadated by recessing the firewall into the passenger compartment, or by extending the front of the frame. Both would be do-able, but the firewall move would probably look better in a late 40s ride. Pre 35 you could get away with extending the frame and going fenderless, but the post 35's just don't look right fenderless IMHO. If you do the post 35 and extend the frame, you will need to deal with making the fenders look right. Of course, you can always do the rat rod thing, they don't seem to mind if things are out of porportion.

Just for the record, 48 & newer trucks have a real short engine compartment, and recessing the firewall really eats up floor space in truck cabs.

After all that, if the V10 was sitting in my shop, I could probably figure out a way to use it. Go for it, post lots of pictures, we ate all waiting to see the results. Gene