Ok this is the issue I'm having. After speaking with a friend of my father who has his own 71' Roadrunner (and an original 440+6 superbird)he has helped shed new light for me.

I'm not sure if he kept his original 383 or not, but he now has a 440+6 in his roadrunner as well. As we went through what all I wanted to do with my 71' Roadrunner and what I had for parts to make a 550hp/550lb 440 for the roadrunner. This is what I have to work with:

-440 virgin RV block (30k miles)
-XE285HL comp cams cam (.545/.545 lift)
-750 Barry Grant carb
-Large dual plane intake
-mini starter

This is just what I have so far as performance parts. I know how this cam behaves as my father runs it in his 440 67' Dart GTS. It runs like a raped ape!

But I think the one thing that kinda made me feel out of place was his comment "Those days are over. No one races on the street anymore cause you will go to jail and these cars have become too valuable." His big point was keeping the car original as it will be more fun than going all out like I was planning. His biggest suggestion was going with a .474/.474 camshaft and leaving it at that and maybe a good set of heads.

So what do you guys think of all this? I've always felt like I was born in the wrong era or generation as I listen to all music from the 60's and 70's, love the cars, loved the thoughts of people in those days, and how they were somewhat simpler than what they are today. I don't know of too many kids who are 19 that share the same passion (at least not around me) that don't drive rice burners and have no moral values.

Last edited by CurYellowBird; 04/26/10 08:50 PM.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original