Rarely will I publically praise any one for their work or their parts unless the quality is at the level we strive for here at my shop.

The short story is I purchased a set of HEMI style carburetors from a company for my daughters HEMI Cuda convertible, dare I say the word “CLONE”, I just finished for her and they absolutely ran horrible. They refused to idol unless the car was hot no matter what I tried, granted, I’m pretty good when it comes to the pretty part of a restoration but no expert when it comes to a driveline. Not a complete tourist, not just that good. It is a complete stock 426 street HEMI, stock exhaust, intake, cam, bone stock.

Is it true a HEMI in a heated shop needs to run on fast idol for 10-15 minutes before it will stay running? That’s what I was told by the guy I bought the carbs from. Not to mention the RPM change up and down. Why can I get into my other bone stock HEMI car, 2 shots a gas and it starts right up and idols I asked? I had one of my very experienced motor head buddies come over and take a look and he had no clue without taking them completely apart to see what was done to them.

Scott hooked me up with a set of restoration carbs he does that looked beautiful, bolted them on and you’ll never guess what happened? The car ran perfectly! Without going into why the difference, I don’t care, they were bolted on and they worked perfectly for me without drama.

Don’t take this as a promotional post, it was my personal experience that cured some serious stress. I get really jammed up when my cars don’t run right.

Thx Scott for your help with this and hurry up with my original carbs I sent you to restore so I can get you the set from your competitor to look at.

Michael C. Ross – Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Last edited by HEMICUDA; 06/05/08 12:04 PM.