John - (and others)

As I thought about your comments, I decided to look further into the kickdown linkage adjustments. Crawl under the truck with me and go to the kickdown lever on the trans: the rod that comes down from the engine has a "slide-adjustment" block bolted to the rod with a spring behind it. Well it was adjusted "OUT" towards the rear of the truck. This had the kickdown lever on the trans engaged by about 1.5 inches. I undid the rod/block and the kickdown lever sprung forward towards the radiator. As I examined it, it had the free travel you mentioned before it had spring tension. I removed the spring from the rod and slid the block forward and that allowed it to align with the kickdown lever when it was forward.
I now have a 1st to 2nd shift at about 18 and a 2nd to 3rd at about 30.
Considering the 4.10 gears, I think this is a good shift point. It feels a little "long/late" compared to my Superbee, but I'm guessing it [the Bee] has 2.91 gears or so.
All in all, thanks to you and others, I've brought the shift point !WAY! down!
I think I'm pretty satisfied at this point...
Unless you think it can still come down some???
Thanks again everyone!!
Ron

Wile E. Coyote
Super Genius, Lover of FCA US LLC Products
68 Road Runner (440 4-spd), 71 Superbee (383 slap), 71 Charger 500 (383 4-spd wA/C 1of 182), 72 Imperial, 74 Charger SE (440 sunroof), 84 D350 Crew-cab Dually (440), 75 D300 Dually Tandem (318 4-speed)