Absolutely. Since the boost number is just a measure of the amount of air that's NOT making it thru the engine, the same boost number with better flowing heads, cam, intake and carb (TB) will make lots more power.

My existing fuel system would only support a certain amount of power. With my original set of heads - I got to that HP number and fuel limitation at 16 psi of boost. I swapped heads and I actually got more power but ran into the same fuel limitation at 10 psi. Everything else stayed the same, just swapped a better flowing set of heads.

To break it down:
Original heads with 16 psi of Vortech Blower and Intercooled Boost - 11.43 @ 124.24 mph or 34.375 hp per lb of boost.

Original heads with 16 psi of Turbo and Intercooled Boost - 10.98 @ 126.24 mph or 39.25 hp per lb of boost.

New heads with 10 psi of Turbo (all things the same) - 10.74 @ 128 mph or 68.4 hp per lb of boost.

Not all boost is the same.... not all engines are the same. Huge difference with just heads change. While the boost number gives some frame of reference, it's no measure of how many lbs of air goes thru the engine.