Quote:

The info in the tech archive says to go counter clockwise to reduce the advance but the info with the dizzy says to go clockwise. Which is it?

on all oe Mopar dizzys CCW requires more vacuum to start the slope (in effect reducing the advance). I wouldn't think the Mallory ones would be different. EDIT you didn't ask but I'd set your initial where the cam/eng wants it then w that figure in hand shorten the slots to get 36-38 total w the vac adv disconnected and the hose plugged then play w the springs to get the lightest spring combo that will keep you JUST UNDER the pinging point as you go thru the gears @ WOT on your hottest/driest day and at whatever rpm that lets your total come in at is OK then hookup the vac adv and at a steady cruise on the hiway at an RPM above where the mechanical adv is maxed out turn the 3/32" allen wrench for the adv to come in as fast as possible (CW) again staying JUST UNDER the pinging point at this PART THROTTLE (steady rpm cruise) out on the highway speed. I'd highly suggest doing them in order and you can WITH CARE also increase/decrease the AMT the can offers which is different from the slope(the vac amt that the adv start/ends at which is changed by the allen wrench) any particular can can provide by filing the tabs (for more travel) or epoxying feeler gauge strips under the tabs (on the arm)(to limit travel) or sub in another can, if you want to go that far to get everything dead on perfect.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 04/06/10 11:01 PM.