Quote:

thanks ron, i remember talking to you awhile back about that 557 stick and your combo. thats why i was looking at flow around .550

what i have planned: steel crank, stock rods, pistons in the 10:1 range (have to cc the combustion chamber still), the 906's from above, holley sd, 850 speed demon (got a screamn deal on it) 1" open spacer if it will fit, mp elec dist, and either the dough throleys 1 3/4 header or the tti 1 7/8

the car is a 71 runner, 727 3.55's lookn to buid a street car with nuts, it will get a little strip time but not much... dont have the budget for it

I think you are on track with your build but the 850 speed demon is the wrong carb, no matter how good of a deal you got on it.

Main reason is, that carb is for cams with less than 240 @ 50 duration. ( I think you'll be over 240 to get the 500 horses you want)

It will not tune properly with that much cam. I run a similiar build myself, and use a 750 Mighty demon. It is made for cams with duration of 240 - 260.

You could run an 850 mighty, or a 750 mighty, and either would likely work, but a speed demon is the wrong carb for you. Keep in mind, a 750 demon does NOT flow the same as an 750 it holley. It flows closer to 830 cfm. I replaced my 750 with a 950 hp holley, and saw no performance gain or loss.

Sell the speed demon,a nd put the money into a mighty demon