Quote:

I have the year one manifolds. I got my H pipe from someone else. But i had the exact same issue. I beleive the manifold port angle is incorrect. I used a porta power to spread open the pipes to bolt them to the flanges. As for hitting the torsion bar i heated up the pipe at the point of contact cherry red and used a rounded head pry bar to work the pipe. Finished result looks factory. Took some time ti get a nice curve but worth the effort. Guess i'm not the only one who has come across this.

I'd be more inclinded to blame the H pipe for improper fit,....on my Charger I used factory 70 440 HP manifolds, and the first H pipe I got from Accurate Exhaust was no where close to fitting with out major surgery, the 2nd H pipe from them needed the drivers side heated and stretched to fit, you might want to slide an inspection mirror down the pipes from the rear were the mufflers attach to see how the openings of the H crossover look, mine were about the size of a quarter, I ended up cutting the H crossover in the middle to seperate the pipes, so I could clear the H passage properly, then I welded 2 exhaust flanges to the H cut, so I could bolt up the pipes back to there position