I'm building a 440 for a 69 charger. Firstly, no, I don't race. My car will be a cruiser, driven mostly for fun or to car shows/cruise-ins.

That said, I bought this engine used, and the person I bought it from did the heads for me (452 heads). He also ahd the machine work done. If I remember correctly (it's been a while) he sai dit was a 1974 engine. During the machining, there was a crack/bubble in one of the cylinders, so he gave me a different block, from a '72 as far as I know, and had the machine work done on it.

It's bored 40, has kb hypereutectic pistons. The cast crank is ground 10. I bought the sepcial flex plate to use the non weighted torque convertor. I have a 727-B torqueflite transmission.

I put a mopar performance aluminum water pump housing on, and plan on using a flex fan with a shroud. I used the stock, low-rise intake manifold, from my other 440.

This is the first engine of any kind I have ever built, so I've been going slow and trying to make sure everything is right.

When I went to put the harmonic balancer on, it won't go in far enough. It bottoms out against the timing sprocket with about a 1/2 inch to go. I checked online, but cannot find another balancer that looks like the one I have, which leads me to believe I have the wrong one, yikes!

Here are some pictures of the one I have. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Body work is way too expensive!!!!!!!!!!