I am assuming that the setup is a CVR with spades that plug unto the printed circuit on the back of the cluster. If I am mistaken (or otherwise on an acid flashback), feel free to ignore what I am going to say. Note that this approach is often taken by my wife.

The failure of both gauges means that there is a high probability that the failure is in circuitry shared in common (rather than a coincidence of two failures in two later separate places). You previously stated that you have input power [bright test light] and output power [dimmer, pulsing light] at the CVR. Put aside the minutiae of the actual voltages - the test light method works for the majority of this level of diagnosis.

Where did you get the dim, pulsing light on output?

a. If it was at the spade of the CVR, maybe there's a dirty connection at the output socket. Try cleaning it up, and add interference by gently twisting the CVR spade a bit and re-inserting it.

b. If it was beyond the CVR, chase it from there. Broken tracing in the printed circuit? Dirty connection(s) at the gauge backs?

Personally, I am hoping that your test light was on the spade, and you just have a dirty socket contact.

Down to just a blue car now.