Just an update.

I removed my foam in the cell which seemed to have broken up a few bits but it seemed very pliable and did not break apart with me pulling on it to see if it was brittle but I decided to chuck it anyways.

To answer 70cuda383's question,
I drained the tank completely but the foam blocks retained about a half gallon of fuel by themselves so that much more drained out once I removed it.

One thing I never thought to do which some of you guys may want to consider after getting an aluminum RCI fuel cell is remove the foam before you install the cell and look for metal shavings.

Looks like when they drilled the bung holes for the sump and vents, they never cleaned out the shavings very well and laid the foam in there anyways.

My sump area had about as much aluminum drill shavings as you could fit into a 2 liter Pepsi screw on cap.

Once I got rid of all that crap I decided to replace my Jegs vane type fuel pump with a Holley HP-125 gerotor pump which is so quiet I was really blown away how nice it sounds.

No more, Gggggrrrrruuuuuuummmmmmmmbbbbbllll when I hit the switch.

For the vent, I'm gonna use aluminum fuel line and make an upwards spiral coil coming off the vent with an inline roll over, flapper valve and an inline filter.

Last edited by cudaspaz; 03/28/10 04:33 PM.