Quote:

Quote:

Hello

I have some Headers in my Runner. I have heard that the original HP Exhaust Manifolds have the performance close to my headers... is there a truth about that, or is it just a story? i am thinking to come close to something like F.A.S.T Cars, original looking with performance... with exhaust manifolds!

no way. The FAST guys sink $$$ into their mani's and if they could they'd all run headers. Not saying you can't run fast with mani's but you'll pretty much always run better with headers. Especially on anything over stock build. I'd leave them on unless you are planning on entering a restrictive class like FAST or factory stock.

The FAST guys have all sorts of fancy extrude honing done, but the Pure Stock guys don't.

I think Andy pretty much nailed it. The headers ARE going to give you a performance boost all things being equal, BUT whether it's a minor improvement or a major one depends on the build and power levels.

You really get two separate schools of thought on this question whenever it comes up;

- 1) Headers are always better, why not run them.

- 2) If your goal is X horsepower, it can be done with manifolds.

....it really depends on what you're looking for.

I also think that people tend to forget that the exhaust system works as a system; a nicely done 2 1/2" mandrel bent system with an X pipe, hi flow mufflers and HP manifolds may well flow better than a set of cheapee headers, 2 1/4" compression bent pipes and crappy mufflers.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]