The local Ecology has half price day every Tuesday and Thursday, so I can get a complete 5.9 Magnum and A500/518 trans out the door for under $200, complete with wiring harness and computer.

Seriously? Half price days are few and far between around here, and even with it, by the time you add core charges and environmental fees, you'd be lucky to get 'out the door' for less than $1000.

I've been wanting to do this kind of swap to my '73 4dr. If you go ahead with your swap, please be sure to document it well and post it here.

If the car is a true daily driver, I think the swap would be worth it just in the improvement in driveability. Yeah, carbs can be super tuned, but, they can't quickly adjust to environment changes. There always seems to be a compromise somewhere with a carb. The thought of being able to get in, turn the key, and GO with no fuss or muss regardless just seems so appealing.

When I eventually get to the swap, I'll probably end up buying the whole truck and stripping just what I need. I've been seeing complete trucks for less than $1500 recently.

Good luck if you decide to go for it.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥