Need some hemi help here. New 472 hemi that i built. Dual quad stage 5 intake, stage 5 heads, manley valves/seals, je pistons/rings, roller everything, blah, blah, blah. Have had this thing apart twice now because it keeps burning oil. I thought it was the intake manifold gaskets at first, so took it apart, resealed everything and re torqued repeatedly. Did a leak down on each cylinder and they all check out fine, so cant be rings. New felpro head gaskets with copper sealer - no leaks externally - dry as a bone. Start up and with in first 5 mins, light mist of blue smoke. Pull valve cover and plugs and every plug is black with soot and can see oil deposit on piston head - every cylinder. Using manley valves with 5/16 stems (1.88 exhaust, 2.25 intake) and seals. The only thing i didnt do when engine apart was remove valves, but did have the heads pressure checked and they are fine. I cant figure out how oil is getting into the combustion chamber. About the only thing left is the valve guides, but they are new when i built the thing (black manley valve guide seals). This thing is acting like there are no seals on at all. And i cant imagine that the intake manifold gasket is leaking that badly on every cylinder....HELP!!!

Did i screw something up putting on the valve guide seals? Could i have put on a wrong size seal that is too big? Any advice would be appreciated...

Rob
rcola427@aol.com