The last 3 cars I've done, I jammed out everything while it was apart...then assembled it all. Then painted the engine compartment,trunk and door jambs. You just need to make some stops to keep the hood and decklid from closing and sticking. Shoot all the base, and then shoot as many coats of clear that you are going to use in the jambs first. Then leave them shut and clear the rest of the car. The clear in the engine compartment,trunk and door jambs will still be wet enough so that it will blend when you spray the outside and it won't appear as oversprayed. Last car I did was my GY3 Challenger. I stripped it to the metal, and primed it with PPG DP90LF, which is epoxy primer. I waited about 3 weeks, and lightly scuffed the areas needing a little filler. It was the first time I had done filler over epoxy, but it worked well. It was only a few places, and was so thin you could read a newspaper thru it You can also use the DP90LF as a nonsanding sealer. Good thing it has dual uses....it costs out the ying yang! I used PPG K38 primer and wet sanded it with 400,primed it again and wet sanded it with 600. I bought Omni base, and used the good PPG clear. It turned out nice.....even if it is mine Good luck