I want to swap out the AFB (newer Weber version #9635 with Mopar linkage adapter) for a TQ. I have a Performer intake so I can run either.

Combo; '83 D 250 (3/4 ton 2WD) daily driver, 318, 727, 3.55s, engine has stock 360-2bbl cam, (dang close to COMP 252) EQ Magnum heads, Hooker Super comp headers and true 2-1/4 duals all the way out to the bumper, and the Performer/AFB.

I have 2 #9265s TQs here, that I had rebushed and I then kitted. OE app is 80 truck 360 on these carbs. I have my suspicions as to why, but neither carb ran worth a S#!T when I test ran them on my engine. (maybe an answer to my own Q here) but I am thinking of sending 1 or both to DemonSizzler; but they both run the same; mixture screws all the way in and still seems rich, one seeping fuel between the bowl and top casting (airhorn). About 30 min run time total combined between the 2 TQs since kitted..
Would I be better starting off with a early-mid 70s TQ instead of the '80 model?

Back when my brother HAD an 80 360 powered Ramcharger (for which both my present carbs are the exact OEM application) I could not find "these" carbs and built-up a 74 440 Cali version.(what I could find at the time) On that otherwise stock 360, that carb ran great! and passed smog here in IL.

(where I now live in IL, smog is a non issue; I just want the thing to run right)
It don't run "bad" with the AFB at all I just think there's more to be had with a TQ based on other TQ equipped smallblocks I have had before.