Quote:

I am going to throw my 2 cents in if you are not set up to do the job you are asking about you will be money and time ahead to send the part or parts you are wanting stripped and or restored to someone that is in the buisness and that is all they do. You will spend more money and time trying to do it yourself. I suggest you send your parts to Mark he is on here and he will do the best job for you. This is just what I think. Ket the pros do there job.

Some of the stuff I can tackle and some I can't. The stuff I choose to do may look 80% or 90% of the upper level pros, but that's what my budget allows. And the level may be perfectly appropriate for the car at hand.

I don't think all or even many of the professional trim restorers do anodizing removal and plating in house (All Trim is one). So many of the pros are going to outsource this processing to other pros.

If you don't have a boring bore should you not qualified to assemble and engine?

And some of the pros only do part of the process, they will outsource the polishing, straightening and/or detail painting too. Sometimes that depends on the part or workload. I can think of one in particular, but is not mentioned here.

I'm pretty sure All Trim and MrBelevedere do most or all of the stuff in house. Didn't sound like MrBelevedere had his own anodizing baths. Not that has any bearing on the product's end results.

Why do we even have a Moparts section called the restoration section? To look at new shiny products? And to watch the pros sell their products?