Quote:

Quote:

from what I learned about the oxygenated fuels the down side is they are corrosive to your fuel system and if the car sits for any length of time one should flush the system. Also needs tin containers so the fuel stays fresh. that and the price helped me decide to go with C-14

unless im missing something, oxygenated fuels are being dispensed in all the gas stations these days and we are using oxygenated fuels in our daily drivers with no issues.
whats different about this oxygenated fuel.
for a all out race cars, i like the added power this fuel will make.

the pump gas has Ethanol alcholol, maybe the race gas has Methanol. Both types of alcholol will suck moisture out of the athomspere, unless it is sealed up tight. Methanol and water mixed end up making sulpheric acid, is what I have been told I used to mix Methanol(23%) with race gas along wth Toulene and Acetone, it needed be jetted up a lot, my fuel sytem was't good enough to allow mo fatten the jets up enough to slow the car down then hindsight is great I ended up blowing a head gasket, ruining the block and the head because it leaned out in the summer IHTHS

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)