Quote:

I was always taught and told that a black radiator would shed heat more efficiently. The only reason I can think of on the newer ones is because they design them with better capacity/tolerances, ie., more tubes, etc. or they don't need the transfer because of lower horsepower? Copper/brass is actually far more efficient than aluminum at dissapating heat. Aluminum is only good because they can put more tubes in the core. But you are WAY better off if you can use a copper brass bigger radiator than aluminum. Just the laws of physics.

Kinda off topic here, but aluminum rads are better than brass / copper at removing heat - not because aluminum is a better conductor, but because you can make the tubes bigger with aluminum than brass ( it's stronger ) so you don't need as many rows of tubes for the same flow. Heat transfer efficiency drops way off with the 3rd & 4th rows of tubes ( over 50% )on big brass radiators. Aluminum rads usually only have 2 rows of tubes, but the tubes are big - 1/2". Same flow as 3 -4 row brass rads, but better heat transfer on the 2nd row verses the 3rd and 4th rows of brass rads. Did I mention lighter

Fastest 300