Hey guys, I would like to know a little more about which style manual valve body is "better" than the other for a BB 727. Here's the deal with my tranny. I had the local mopar tranny "guru" help me build my tranny. It's behind a 500ish HP 440 in my 68 bird with 4:10's. He swore up and down I don't need a bolt in sprag, so I didn't get one, he swore that I didn't need a valve body with low/reverse apply in first so I didn't get one. I got a reverse pattern manual with no band apply. He says that the set up he's been running for years and years in his 62? belverdere or imperial (what ever it is, it's a huge boat) that he drag races with a dana 60 4:56's full race slicks and he pulls the front wheels off the line. I saw the car, saw pics, talked to others around town and he's a legit guy. Only recently have I been doing some reading up on this and found differing opinions on the bolt in sprag and low apply band. I plan on drag racing my car but also streeting it. I don't want to hear anything about how I'll hate the manual part, no I won't and I purposely wanted it that way. I just want to know if anyone has a similar set up and how it has worked for them. Also I would like to know any techniques that will keep my tranny in one piece. Thanks for any help!

'68 Roadrunner Built 440/727 4:10 filled 8 3/4 in the process of a ground up restification