Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

8's on a stock block....

Nice car by the way.

Thats what I was thinking...

why not dakuda????????
8.90's, low 9's...the car needs about 700HP to the rear wheels...approx 850 to the flywheel. will it be work? Yes. Is it impossible? no. we've been there done that....for 15 years now we've been building engines and cars with forced induction...we are not a fly by night, back-yard garage.
yet there's this aura of negativity and doubt in our abilities....why?

have some faith mopar peeps!
You guys are too negative! damn....

I don't necessarily think guys are being negative, it's just that a LOT of us have seen stock blocks break going mid 10's, and you're obviously shooting to go much quicker than that........ so it's surprising..... Usually, by the time the money is spent to make a stock block live behind some really good HP, you could've put another $500 or $1,000 with that money spent and have a new block......

I've got a good 230 casting 400 that's making about 590HP and I'm afraid to spray 150, even with a good tune-up......

Good luck with it......

Wayne

Thanks for sharing your Wayne.

First, we're not like ALOT of other guys...Second, I wanted the stock block. My Duster's first priority is to be a street car.
When we took all factors into consideration, no matter what block I use, aside from adding main caps, it will cost about the same for all machining ops and block prep. Buying an aftermarket block adds upwards of $1000 depending on what block we chose.
I have 3 complete 340 engines that I've had for over 13 years...I don't have a race block nor do I have the funds for a race block...another reason it made sense for me to stick with the stock block....not to mention, if Scott can make a stock chevy 350 cid live in an 800 PLUS 5100 lb truck running 11's (see my other post), then I have all the faith in the world that he can make my little stock 340 make 750 to the flywheel!

73 Challenger 8.518 @ 158MPH, 1970 turbo duster in the works...check us out at www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
and www.facebook.com/sdconcepts
We can also be seen in the December 2008 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine!