Quote:

Your right DVW the valve problem was unrelated to the oiling problem, but did spin a bearing before the last rebuild by exceeding 6000 rpm. After spinning the bearing went to a 500 stroker crank and full roller, plugged off one lifter galley to divert more oil to the mains. Had held up pretty good until I used the 440 source roller rockers and they didn't hold up:(Am using one of there lightweight cranks and rods and have no problems) one of the roller shafts wore loose and the roller tip came out depressing my valve keeper and clank. Learned a good lesson about $200 roller rockers.
Anyway I am going to be putting out about 650 HP and would rather get a more durable, better enginered oiling system to start with than block off galleys and put main bearing girdles on the block, ect. you know what I mean ?

if you spun a bearing, i doubt it's because of the factory design of the oil passages. we routinely build engines using the factory blocks that run way above 6000 rpm.
proper machining and inspection along with the proper oiling modifications, which are easy to do, will solve those problems. 650 HP IMO is well within the limits of a stock block. if you need any advice on oiling mods, most are in the archives on this site or you can PM me.
sorry to hear you learned a lesson on those cat rockers the hard way.