I am fixing to paint the K frame and control arms on my 70 Roadrunner. The guy at the paint store sold me Dupont products. First I was sold a self etching primer to apply because I am working with bare metal. It is Dupont VariPrime 615S and mixes 1:1 with VariPrime 616S.

When I asked the paint guy if this primer would fill the rust divets, he said no I would need A primer filler and he sold me Dupont Chromasurfacer 7704S 2K primer-filler and ChromaBase 7775S activator-reducer and they get mixed 4:1. I spent quite a bit of money on these products.

I am looking at buying the Bill Hirsch Super Black Chassis undercarriage paint for the K frame and spray cans of Seymour's stainless steel and alumablast paint for control arms. I am buying these products from TP tools. I also bought the "Quasimolene" from Restorations by Rick for the lower control arms, which label says it is a PPG urethane formulation and needs to be reduced with DT-870 (whatever that is?).

Now for my question, will the above mentioned paints adhere to the Dupont primer filler I bought. I have asked all of these companies (except Resto by Rick) and the answer is we can't gaurantee that it will adhere. I realize they have to cover their butts in case it doesn't but somebody has to know if it will stick or not.