Dougsmopars - "A" in the 7th (not 6th -I can't count) spot indicates that your car was built at the Lynch Road plant, so not much on my car will apply to yours. I have manual brakes, so I also cannot confirm any decals on the Midland-Ross type power booster. One source I have does list the correct finish as being cadmium gold, so you might want to verify that on yours. BTW, a zinc-dichromate finish is much the same finish, and should be a little easier to obtain from your local plating shop - I have a 1gal zinc tank that I use for almost every bolt, bracket, washer, clip etc. that I pull off the car, and has proven to be a cheap and extremely helpful way for me to restore these parts at home. If a gold finish is called for, I just dip the freshly zinc-plated part in the chromate solution, wash and dry. Comes out perfect every time, and has been a real lifesaver for my OEM parts. As for the marks on the left valve cover, A12's remarks are interesting, a one source I have lists the shortblock assembly for HP440's as 3462615. If the practice in 68 was to list the last two digits, it might be that your 16 is a 15 - you might want to check on that. Or, it might have something to do with the date the engine was assembled - your date code on the block (if original) might help there, but is based on a 10,000 day calendar so I'm told.