Hey man gimme a break I came late to the party. I started out wrenching on harleys and just got hooked on cars a couple years ago with a /6 dodge swinger. I don't know anybody that wrenches on mopars, didn't grow up wrenching, and I have lots to learn in general- that's why I come here to read and ask questions.

This is the first v8 motor I ever built. It had M/T covers on it before that fit fine with no grinding.

The actual amount of work is no big deal- I just didn't understand why I kept having leaks from the breathers and gasket area, especially since these came off a running motor. It was also confusing because the leak didn't show up until I drove it- I could run her all day in the driveway and there was no leak until I went for a drive. Also the gasket leak was only on the passenger side, the drivers side just barely sealed.

It was learning the hard way that made this take two weeks of fiddling instead of an hour of fitting.

There are knock-outs but stock oil caps didn't fit the bayonet holes (came w/ 2 breathers that did fit, but the pass. side poured oil out when running). I was afraid to make more holes when I still couldn't plug these. I was considering tig welding.

Last edited by radar; 03/09/10 01:01 PM.