Hello All!! Been a long while since I've spent any time here. It's good to see that there are a lot of familiar names still around.

I have spent the last couple months putting together a 1971 Dodge D100 for a very good friend. Long story short, EVERYTHING under the hood is NEW. One of these "new" items is an electronic ignition conversion kit from Mancini's. I could not get the engine to fire up with the "orange" box that came with the kit. After much hair loss I stuck an old box I had laying around on and got the engine started. I broke the camshaft in 20 min. @ 2000 etc.. Started the truck several times that day with no issues. Next day, nothing, back to square one. Went and bought a module from Oreilly's, 4 pin, still nothing. Here's what I've done or checked:

1.) There is 12V from IGN 1 "run" to the ballast resistor. Blue elec ign wire connected here and getting 12V.

2.) There is 12V from IGN 2 "start" to the other side of the ballast resistor which is feeding 12V to the positive side of the coil is start position.

3.) The control box is grounded well. Ground wire from Neg side of battery to hold down bolt on control box. This latest box is unpainted. The previous ones I scraped the paint off for good ground.

Question: Is there suppose to be voltage on the negative side of the coil during the "start" or "run" position of the ignition switch? I have a momentary several millisecond blip of voltage when ign switch is very first turned "on" and when turned "off", but no other time during the starting process.

I am out of ideas and knowledge on electronic ignition. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Russell

5663325-IMG00105a.JPG (83 downloads)

1969 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 HEMI
1979 Dodge Li'l Red Express Truck
2007 Ford F150 XLT 4X4
2000 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy