Quote:

Quote:

Considering purchasing a set of T&D's or similar for my CNC 360-2 heads, I have a street strip turbocharged combo, and dont wanna run anymore than 250 @ .050, but my heads flow well into the mid 600's. Comp shows lobes in the mid 240's with like .385-.389 lift, which puts me at .654 minus lash with 1.7's, which I think would be better than the .616 1.6's would result in.

Im basically wondering why very few people go to a 1.7 unless its a pretty wild combo in Mopar land. Are there any downfalls? Harder to make the valve wear right? More sideloading on the guides? Alot of the new LSX based stuff runs ALOT of Rocker Arm ratio, as well as SB Ford stuff. I realize its completely different, but im just wondering why I couldnt take advantage of the same.

Is it just that none of the "basic" aftermarket options are sold that way for Mopar guys? I realize going to T&D's or similar is alot different than ordering pre-boxed Cranes.

I think I understand you are using a stock block.I will disagree with most here but I do not recommend 1.7 rockers on your set up.Valve train dynamics and stability are terrible at stock lifts.The higher the lift the worse it gets and adding the 1.7 rockers only adds to that.High lift early LA engines (aka Pro-stock) were parts killers.They was very little progress until people started moving the cam and lifter bores. One reason the late Bowtie stuff gets away with it is the fact of the cam being very high in the block and uses very short push rods.

We continually run .700-.750 lift on our fast bracket small blocks with 59° lifter bores and Indy -1 or -2 heads, TD 1.7 rockers.
The geometry is great and these engines rpm in the 7000-7600 range.
The key is to use the baddest strongest pushrod you can get in the thing. But it works everytime!!