Quote:

Cab i'm not trying to start any "discussion" if you know what i mean but imho there's NO way they're selling a american forged and machined crank for $600...just not happening. not that an import forging won't do the job (for many) and certainly surpass the oem piece if properly machined. i just don't see a 100% USA crank going for 25% of what others cost. of the imports i was under the impression eagle's stuff was "supposed" to be the best? obviously the leading problem with imports is the machining. i believe the callies compstar line is machined from imported forgings but they don't offer a bb chrysler crank.

JamesSC, no offense taken, I was repeating what I was told by Gary at Ohio Crankshafts back in 2002 or so. BTW, I was talking to one of the local Mopar racers this afternoon at coffee, he discussed a post on here( I think on here, general forum maybe ) about some SB RHS iron heads that a member had dynoed on a 360 magnum type street motor and was very pleased with those heads. They are around $800.00 complete and there 100% American made according to the engine builder. I think two heads with all the assorted parts would cost more to machine and make than one forged steel crankshft, metal is metal, it's all sold by the pound from the factorys. Steel costs more than iron, aluminum costs more than steel

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)