Quote:

The poor old 73/74 era was almost totally forgot about. Even most of the Mopar people looked disinterested with them. But they are the last gasp of an era gone by.

I agree 100%. I've owned my '73 Dart Sport 340 since 1976 and it's undergone a complete, ground-up restoration. The Dart is a true TX9, black on black California car. I've never had it decoded by Galen (although I've done the decoding myself), but I imagine it's a pretty rare car, too.

It's about time people got over this silly notion, promoted in recent years by the car magazines, that the "muscle car era ended in 1972." No one denies that performance took a significant hit after 1971, but the later cars were far from being "boat anchors." After all, the term "performance car" is relative.

I'm always amazed when magazines fawn over a '72 340 car (240 net hp) and talk about it's hot performance engine, but then turn around and refer to a '73 340 car (same 240 net hp) as a "smogger." This just shows how ill-informed some of these "experts" truly are.

Anyway, I love the '74 Roadrunner. Great job on the restoration!

Last edited by DartSportDude; 01/29/10 04:05 PM.