Quote:

Yokohama AVID ST, Firestone Indy 500, Goodyear Eagle GT, BFG Radial TA and if you want a sticky tire there are TA drag radials in that size.

I've tried all the first 3 tires.

The BFs are the best looking tire, nice clean sidewall. Clean up nice, shine up nice and worth mentioning since many of us take pride in cleaning up and showing off our cars but the fact is these are the worst tires built today for any type of performance or rain driving.

The Indy's are a decent tire too. Pretty average in every catagory but a bit noisey for a quiet car. Totally not a problem on a musclecar. These are super impressive in the rain. Not quite an accurate gauge but I could stretch the front shocks during takeoff with the Indy's in that rain.

The Yoke's. For a relatively cheap tire they are one of the smoothest, most quiet tire. Mine look like almost new after 30,000km of spirited driving. Again not quite the gauge most here are used to but I've went 2.0 60's with a stock 360 truck. These are the first regular tire I've had on my 5 speed truck I can go wide open throttle in first and hook.

I don't think Yokohama makes those tires anymore. The tire rack used to have them listed and they are nowhere to be found.

I had a set of yokohama tires on a mustang and really liked them.