Quote:

Based on the parts I've had done, and I've seen others have done, rechroming pot metal parts yields a part that is only OK at best. The material is soft and usually pitted. Stripping off the old plating, polishing and replating softens most (if not all) of the crisp edges.
Especially on letters (I doubt anyone would even sign-up for that) that are so small.
Iverson states he can do this, but I wouldn't trust him with anything of mine.

What happens is:
The chrome is striped, then copper is plated onto the part, then the copper is sanded shaped and if needed it is done muti times.
After done a differant copper is plated on it followed by nickel and the chrome is done like clear over the nickel{triple plated}
A good shop{and high dollar} like Pauls will take the time and the part will be done right, and not look differant than it should. retain all the lines and shape. Someone who realy knows his job and is skilled must do it for a good job.
This is a long process even if done wrong and cost
The place in Tenn. does nice work as well "Advance"

Last edited by 340SIX; 11/21/09 02:04 PM.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough