I been bad. . .Been a member for over a year, come here and get distracted. So I start being a gas bag rambling. But I think you'll get what I need. Unlike some of you, I'm not looking to cut .000001 off my 1/4.

I need some help picking a Cam. I don't want to pester the EBooger any more than I have lately. He's itching to race me for pinks. Think I'll bring my 600 HP diesel and my trailer so I can bring his DAK home. ANYWAY Bear with me

I just aquired a 93 VIRGIN 5.9 Magnum, complete. Since it had a little water in it, with no harm to the cylinders, I figured I woud do the same thing I did to my 5.2.

I have a 72 Dodge Polara, yes a C Body, one of 8 I own + the 08 R/T and the 08 Dizziezle 2500. 3 years ago I installed a 5.2 with the factory pooter, harness and the 518 trans. I get 27 MPG with this car at 70 with the A/C running. I want to try to get the best I can from this motor as well. But I don't know how to select a duration, lift ect. for this application. The cam in the 5.2 was rated for max torque between 1200 and 5200 RPM. 286/292 lift. (See below) I'm not disappointed, but it was just a stab in the dark when I bought it. Lucky guess. The new engine has a brand new stock cam in it. I need to put lifters in it. The water damage was pretty much in the upper vallys and some water in 2,4, and 6. Thank goodness for high alloy blocks. Do you think the stock Cam would be good enough? I also have a Hughes Air Gap intake on the 5.2

So! I want to get better MPG out of a 5.9 without sacrificing the output.

Raising HP helps lower the HP:weight ratio and makes it more economical. Erodynamics are good, much better than a D150! It works in the diesel world.

This is my baby, a daily driver. These pics are from 3 years ago.
http://www.moparfins.com/Polaraco/Polaraco_The_Car.htm

It's the only one like and some have tried to copy it without success.

Any worth while input is appreciated and thanks.

Steve

BTW. . No comments form the peanut gallery