Here goes...I posted once before about this and thought I had it licked...I didn't. I have a 72 340 with a 10.5 flywheel and a QuickTime blowproof bellhousing and a good old A833 with a pistol grip. Initially, the bracket for the clutch fork wasn't bent enough to allow the fork to stay on the t/o bearing. Fixed that but now the car seems to sometimes idle fine when the clutch is depressed...and some times it will lag on the engine and bring it down to almost stall. Once I relese the clutch, the idle will return.
The car runs like a raped ape, STRONG, and idles well at 900rps with @ 7" vacuum with the ProMaxed six pack.
I have noticed a what appears to be a rear main leak...I'm nervous about this. The engine has less than 200 miles since it's rebuild.

I must admit I did NOT dial in the bellhousing when I installed it. I simply sat it up there and bolted it all up, everything went together smoothly.

Any thoughts on what is going on? I took it for a ride today and on some intersections, the car would idle at 900 with the clutch depressed and at other, it would drag and almost stall. I don't know where to turn.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks